I decided to finally start my blog! I hope I get a few followers :).
DH & I are in the midst of our 6 month diet as required by our insurance provider (Highmark Blue Shield). We will attend our first support meeting tonight at our local hospital here in Reading, PA. I am looking forward to it.
I have been following so many blogs on here. You Bandsters rock!!! You keep me motivated and assure me that I am making the right decision. DH has no doubt he is doing the right thing!
The reason I named my blog "What I weighed in High School" is because when DH & I met our surgeon for the preliminary consult, he asked each of us what goal weight we had in mind. DH did not hesitate and said 170lbs. OK, so I sat there, a blank look appeared. Of course I thought about this many times, but for some reason I had trouble throwing the number out there :(. So, Dr. Ceppa said "What did you weigh in high school?" AH HA! There it is, how did he know the crash diet I went on between 11th & 12th grade led me to a 45lb weight loss? I survived on Peanut Butter crackers and a pint of orange drink everyday - this was my breakfast and lunch. Then I had a very small dinner. I was motivated and as unhealthy as it may have been, the weight came off and I was a SIZE TEN!!!! I weighed 150 lbs. The lowest weight I was in years!!! I felt good and I looked good. So there it is - 150 lbs is my goal weight - what I weighed in high school!!! I am starting at 237. I told DR. Ceppa that I couldn't even fathom weighing 150 lbs. But it will happen - I know it will & all you bandsters prove that to me each day!
Here's a picture of DH & me - It was taken at the Philly Zoo last year. We were both about 25 lbs thinner at the time:
Thanks for reading!
Dawn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hi Dawn! I found your blog throgh Catherine's. Like you, my husband and I are also being banded together. My surgery was 8/13/09 and his is 11/2/09. I noticed that our starting weights are also similar. I started and 231 (and hit 199 today!!!) Check out my blog if you want. I know that I always like reading about people who have similar journeys to my own. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHi Dawn! Welcome to blog land and thank you for the kind words on my blog. I look foward to following your story!
ReplyDeleteDawn,
ReplyDeleteCool blog, I'll be following! I as bnded two weeks ago today and looking forward to a much healthier life!
Hi Dawn - welcome to blogging! I think it's great that you and your husbanding are getting banded together. My husband & i started addressing our weight issues last summer - he has lost over 80 pounds (no band) and it's great it to be working toward the same goal.
ReplyDeleteHey Dawn,
ReplyDeleteI also found your blog through Catherine's. You're making a great decision and the fact you're able to go through it with your husband will be that shining star - you can bounce off one another (but not literally! lol)
Look forward to more posts :)
Dawn - found your blog - welcome to the world of bandsters and blogging! I find blogging to be VERY cathartic and it keeps me honest... enjoy it and use it as whatever kind of tool you need... good luck on the journey!
ReplyDeleteThanks to all of you for the kind words!! My new life is yet to come!
ReplyDelete