Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Monday, September 14, 2009

Horseback riding - NOT!!!

My 9yo DD Emily's Girl Scout troop went to a horse farm on Saturday.  Her leader asked me to join the girls at this event.  They were earning a badge, so they learned how to feed, groom, bridle and saddle a horse.  They also had to lead the horse around a ring.  At the end of all the learning, the girls got to ride the horse that they cared for around the ring.  Here is Emily riding Cinderella:                                                                        Cinderella is an old horse and is going blind, but she was good with the girls.

The girls also got to ride Montana - a really big, gentle horse:
 
The leaders were then asked to ride the horses.  I declined at first, I just felt too fat to do this.  But Emily really wanted me to ride.  So I said, OK.  One of the girls at the farm led me to CinderellaTo my embarrassment, the owner shouted to her before I mounted the horse:
"NOOOOO, Not Cinderellaaaaa"
she cannot take the pressure,- let her ride Montana.  
Well, I was so embarrassed, none of the girls picked up on it, but I did - I was too fat to ride Cinderella. So I didn't ride at all & felt pretty pathetic.  Story of my life and another reason this surgery has to help me.  I want to start living !!!
Here's me with a few of the girls on the hay ride. I can't believe I am this BIG:
 

Here are all the girls on the hay ride:

4 comments:

  1. OMG I totally relate to this. Last March we went to Costa Rica for spring break with a bunch of friends, and went on a horseback ride. I was mortified to get on a not-strong-enough looking horse. Luckily, only my husband whispered a joke to me about the horse carrying my weight. But it was a low moment. SO SORRY you felt bad.

    On a postive note, you are not as big as you think! You look cute in your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, that totally sucks! It is hard and we have all been there. I am sorry that happened to you. I totally feel for you.

    Second, I think it is great your daughter is in girl scouts. I was in daisy scouts, brownies, and then finally girl scouts. My mom was always the troup leader and I have wonderful memories from those times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy. Emily started as a Daisy. She loves it and I love to be involved - I am definitely not "drop off & pick up" kinda Mom.

    ReplyDelete