Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Monday, September 28, 2009

Hubby -12 Me +1

So DH & I met with the nutritionist on Thursday for our 3 month weigh in & dietitian session.  As you can tell by the title, Hubby lost 12 pounds. I gained 1 pound since our initial visti 3 months ago.  The Nut said I should be ok with getting surgery approved as long as I don't gain more and try to maintain for the next 3 months.  She told me to fill my plate with 1/2 veggies, only eat a half of a potato, and keep my meat at 3 ounces.  I understand I told her.... I completely understand the rules, as a matter of fact, I can probably sit in the Nuts's chair and take over her patients because I KNOW so much.  It's my freakin' head that doesn't listen.  Well, I've decided to try AGAIN & see if I can't take off a few pounds before our next appointment in another month. The Nut gave us orders to go for our pre-op labs before the next meeting.  We must fast for 12 hours and she said they will take 7 vials of blood - yay -:(.

On a lighter note.  Hubby & I had a great anniversary. We golfed in the morning at the par 3 course I mentioned in an earlier post; We walked 18 holes; 3.81 miles and burned 383 calories.  Later in the evening we went to dinner at an Inn about 45 minutes from our home: www.sevenstarsinn.com.  The service was outstanding & our meal was fantastic.  DH had prime rib and I had stuffed shrimp.  We took major portions home because they serve so much!

5 comments:

  1. Not fair, its so much easier for guys!!!!

    Sounds like dinner was lovely. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time not gaining during my 3 month supervised diet period. My mind kept trying to tell me "you better eat this while you can". At the end I was only down about 3 pounds but got my insurance approval with no problem. You will do fine, just keep working at it. I know it's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why the heck do men always lose so much faster (ok.. rhetorical question.. I know why.. but heck, it sucks!!!)
    On the plus side.. dinner sounded divine. And happy anniversary!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys will have each other for support after your banding! My husband isn't banded but he has incorporated my new HEALTHY lifestyle and it makes it so much easier on me! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how all us chubby folks know the rules better then the skinny folks. I know how many calories are in every food and every drink.... we can all see how far that got me. :) Good luck to you and don't get discouraged!

    ReplyDelete