Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Monday, January 25, 2010

2 DAYS OF PRE OP LIQUID DIET DONE!

For those of you who asked - - - Yes it has been a very long road for DH & I to get to this point.  We went to our seminar in April '09.  We met with our surgeon on July 16th & here we are just 2 days away from surgery!  I have to be honest it is really starting to freak me out a bit.  This is just a drastic change - the pre-op liquid diet has just given me a "taste" of what's to come .... As fas as the pre-op diet goes - I have stuck to it faithfully; I am consuming Protein shakes, broth, water, cream of wheat, SF Jello & tomato soup.  I ate 1,100 cals on Saturday & 880 calories on Sunday.  I have been meeting my protein requirements.  I feel tired & a bit headachey, but not too bad. I am hungry, but I drink water when it gets bad.  DH is doing very well on the diet, and feels he will not have a problem with it after surgery.  We need to be on clear liquids for 48 hrs after surgery and then Full liquids (the diet we are on now) for 7 more days....then on to mushies.  


I took Catherine's advice yesterday and took our measurments & before pictures.  In the spirit of Amy W. & Gen, I took some Bra & Panty headless shots, too.  Not sure that I will ever have the courage to post them, but at least I have them!

Well, that's all I have to report for now.  Tomorrow afternoon I will find out what time we report for surgery.  I think they are going to spread our times out a bit.  Not only do we have the same last name, but also the same exact initials - DMB!  I told the surgeon that I hope he gets it right - because there is no way I want to wake up with two bands - LOL!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about it. I hope all goes well. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both doing so wonderfully. Yay for you with the Pics, It doesn't matter if you post them, having them will be wonderful NSV's when Mr. Scale is not being so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah: the liquids are a bit hard to start with and you do feel a little run down, but it does pass.. and I have a great feeling here. When you want something so badly - as you do - and you are following the rules so closely - as you are - you are going to do great. You will cope with whatever is thrown at you. Congrats and whoo, its all starting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo glad that your Surgery is finally a done deal. I can't wait to welcome you into the "Sisterhood Of The Bandster's". Don't worry, it isn't that bad. You will do great.

    ReplyDelete