Hello to all my bandster friends!
Time is really moving fast now.....just ask my nerves!!! Anyway - DH & I have our Pre admission testing with the Anestesiologist tomorrow afternoon. Kinda makes this officicial - right? Last night I purchased all the food (or should I say liquid) and supplements that we will need for our pre-op and post op liquid diets. Not sure how this is going to sustain me - but I will perservere! Our pre op diet starts Saturday. My sweet DD Samantha and her boyfriend invited us to dinner with them for our "Last Supper" on Friday night - how thoughtful! I think we are going to a local italian restaurant - their veal parm is "to die for". There's just one minor glitch in these plans that DH & I have ---- Remember I wrote that we got our surgery dates BEFORE insurance approval? Well......My surgery was approved on the 8th of January - just 4 days after everything was submitted to HighMark. DH is still not approved!!!! See Keystone HMO is his primary, so his paperwork had to be submitted to Keystone (does not cover bariatric surgery) for the denial - which we received on Janury 11th - & then on to HighMark for approval. Well, here we are exactly One WEEK and One DAY before surgery and still no approval from HighMark. My Dr's office is checking regularly and said not to worry - BUT I AM WORRIED and so is he. For a number of reasons,we really want to do this on the same day. Wish us luck!
Congratulations on getting your Surgery approval! Hoping that your DH's approval comes through in time as well. But trust me, you don't want to do his Surgery if the approval isn't in (I don't care what the Surgeon says).
ReplyDeleteI know that you are hoping to have your Surgeries done at the same time, but it is really expensive if the Insurance says that they will not pay because they didn't pre-approve it.
I was totally Pre-Approved. My Surgeon was approved, as well as the Hospital where the Surgery was performed at. But my Insurance still hasn't paid my Surgeon (Still Pending $13536), nor the Hospital (They Are Requesting Further Information! $20792). I don't know what I will do if they end up Not Paying!! And my Surgery was 2 Months ago!
I hope he is approved soon and that things work out smoothly for you all!
ReplyDeleteDawn I hope you guys find out soon about your husbands approval. I remember waiting for it - it's the worst.
ReplyDeletePre-liquids are probably going to be a little rough (trust me.. we all struggled with this one!!) but post-op.. no worries lol. You probably won't feel like taking much in anyway. You will be surprised how little you actually do.
ReplyDeleteHope DH is approved soon so you can get that ball rolling!!