Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I told a BIG ... FAT...LIE!!!

My job has been very stressful lately.  I work for an automobile dealership.  I'm sure you have all heard about the hard times dealerships are having - it's all true.  Anyway,  there has been a lot of downsizing at my company.  Everyone is doing the work of four people , yada - yada - yada.  I know I shouldn't complain, I still have a well paying job with great benefits.  Still it gets tough to wear so many hats and try to meet so many expectations.   I feel that I am not working up to the best of my ability and really have no motivation - I am in a real funk.  I took a week's vacation to have my surgery.  I did not tell my boss what I was having done, just that I was having surgery.  Only one person at work knows I had surgery.  Soooo... I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow.  I feel physically well enough to return. But----Mentally - - - I am just not ready.  I can't face the stress.  I have vacation days to take so it's not like I do not have the time available to me.  Well, I called in & told my boss's voice mail (yes, I'm a chicken) that my Dr. does not want me to return to work until Monday.  I'd like to say I feel remorseful, but I don't.  I feel bad for the co-workers that have to pick up my slack but that's about it.  I really need this time for me.  Does that make sense???

6 comments:

  1. You shouldn't feel guilty about making sure you are healed and recovered. Take the time you need. I was extremely lucky that my surgeon would not let me return to work before 2 weeks - at the time I was upset about having to go on short term disability, but I'm grateful for every day now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah hell! Stay home and milk this baby! Mental health is just as important as physical! The are almost one in the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta take care of you! I would have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad at all. I had my surgery on friday, went to work on Monday and left early- only to be "sick" on Thursday so I could sleep in- thank you pain meds :) If I had a stresful job like you and vacation days, I would totally drag this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't feel bad..you have the time and you did have surgery - it takes awhile to recover. The anesthesia takes a while to recover from and it put me in a fog/funk for a few weeks. It affects everyone differently though. One thing is for sure, you'll be back to work and better than ever very soon. Take care and get some rest!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this journey is all about you. there will be a lot of "pacing of yourself" as you continue down the path...no time like the present to start!

    ReplyDelete