Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Poster Children!

That is what Dr. Ceppa called DH & me yesterday; his poster children.  He went on to say that he loves it when we come in to see him - ain't that a hoot!!!!  Both of us have a BMI of 33 now; Dr.Ceppa said that neither of us would qualify for surgery today - even with our co-morbidities because ...wait for it...wait for it...WE ARE TOO SMALL!!!!

Back to the appointment.  I received another 3 cc's in my band for a total of 7 cc's.  Dr. Ceppa said I should definitely feel a difference with this fill & that if I am too tight to call right away.

                    This is Dr. Ceppa: 


Hubby, once again, did not get a fill.  Dr. Ceppa told me that I may only need one or two more small fills to get to my sweet spot & that hubby may get there without a fill at all!  He said if we are eating comfortably and losing weight  - that is what it's all about.  He emphasized that we should not be in pain or struggling during this process.

I had cheerios this morning & all is well...I guess it's really too soon to tell if I have restriction.  I'll keep you posted!!!

12 comments:

  1. Yay for the poster couple! You guys rock. That is so awesome! And that sounds like quite a fill. It seems to me that most people end up in a good spot somewhere around 7cc's so I hope this does it for you!

    What a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats....You both make it look so easy...Poster children ..I like it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be a poster child!! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that. It scares me when I read that sweet spot = PB and lots of restrictive eating. Hope I have the same luck as you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, You're doing great (Don't even TRY to compare yourself to DH...they just don't have the same hormone/broken metabolisms we do (my DH can lose 5 lbs. skipping one meal). So cool you're his poster children...33 BMI already is great! Hope this latest fill gets you some better restriction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I hope you can feel something with this one. It's interesting that your husband has never had a fill(luck him). Did you two have fluid in your band at surgery?I can't remember.
    I'm glad you're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, I am at 7.2 and although I am not at that elusive sweet spot, I feel I am probably one small fill away. You should definately feel something now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow 33 bmi way to go... So exciting..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both are doing so well. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice of your dr...you must feel like superstars. Congrats. Hope the restriction gods are listening

    ReplyDelete