I found some pics from our outer banks vacation that we took in 2008 - I was at my heaviest then.
Here we are from this year's vacation:

On the band front: We had appts. on Thursday with Dr. Ceppa. Hubby got a fill - he is up to 9 cc's in his 11cc band. Dr. Ceppa felt that I didn't need a fill, I lost 10 pounds since our last appointment & am pretty satisfied when I eat about 1 1/2 cups of food. Dr. Ceppa did not want me to be too tight & turn to bad food. Doc told hubby he looked great & would be happy if he didn't lose another pound! Hubby told him he wants to get to 160 - that's 15 more pounds. Dr. Ceppa said he would help him get there if that's what he wants. DH's loss is slowing down alot now that he is so close to goal. Great News - DH's cholesterol went form 210 to 153!!!!! How awesome is that? Doc & I discussed my goal of 150 & he still feels that is an attainable goal for me. He is truly our partner in this weight loss & really knows his stuff. Newbies....It is so important that you have a good relationship with your Doc. You must be on the same page as far as your expectations & needs.
Today alone, FOUR people noticed my loss & told me I look great!! My neighbor told me I am starting to look like my daughter, Samantha - what an awesome NSV!!!!! I bought SIZE 14 shorts & capris yesterday & a blouse in a MEDIUM... Holy Cannoli - I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!
You both look awesome! You look like totally different people!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great comparrison! You both look fantastic. You also look younger!
ReplyDeleteMan, that's incredible, you look amazing and I agree with Amanda, so much younger. Dawn, you give me so much hope, I remember reading your struggles early on with you wondering if it was really going to work for you...so inspiring!
ReplyDeleteYou guys look amazing!! 160 is my goal weight too. Not sure how long it will take me to get there.
ReplyDeleteMan, neither one of you look like the same person in the before pictures! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! YOu are such an inspiration and it is so true what you say about the doctors, I'm sure. Unfortunately, we only have a couple to choose from around here and the one I'm stuck with isn't very good. I wish he was my partner on this journey. I feel like I'm floating in the wind!
ReplyDeleteI say Hot DAMN!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow Chica!! What a difference!
You guys look great!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are both looking great!
ReplyDeleteThose are not the same people. I don't believe it. LOL Holy shit a brick for real. I mean my God - it's just amazing...and the quality of life and health improvements are just such a huge blessing and bonus. I'm so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteYou both look amazingly awesome!! If I had not been following you from the get go (and you had not included descriptions), I would not have known either of you. Just WOW!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness you are lookign super awesome!! You look so different, but just as beautful!!
ReplyDeleteOMG!! I have been absent from reading blogs lately due to being way too busy and I opened up your blog and couldn't believe my eyes!!!
ReplyDeleteBoth of you look so fantastic!! I am at a standstill while you are on a major roll!! I need to kick myself in the a**!! LOL
You have already lost about 15 lbs more than me and are about 5 lbs less!! I am so jealous!! LOL Good for you!
You look great!
ReplyDeleteWow!! What a difference and what amazing numbers for your hubs too!
ReplyDeleteYou look fabulous.