Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Monday, October 12, 2009

Passed with flying colors

I had my Psych consult on Friday.  The appt. took about an hour since I had filled out all the prerequisite tests over a month ago.  The Doc felt that I was a very good candidate for WLS.  She said I scored in the average and above average ranges on most of the tests - Who knew I was that sane - LOL!! 

There were a few things she told me to be aware of:

1) My mind will lag behind my body in terms of weight loss.  It will take a while for my head to realize I am losing weight and actually see myself thinner.

2) I will need to learn how to cope with the added attention that I am most likely to receive as I lose weight (especially from the opposite sex).  I must learn how to handle the possibility of someone "hitting" on me.

3) Hubby will also be dealing with the same as me in #2.  She recommends we get our head around this now.

4)  She warned me that there was a study done on LB patients and that people that had the surgery averaged a weight gain 2 years after surgery of 20% of the total weight loss -:(.

So.....One more item checked off my list on the way to lapbandland!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, they should pay me to do these damn psych evals!
    #1...Duh. I am sure you already knew this from all the blog reading. Our minds are a tricky thing!
    #2. While I always had my "I feel super sexy moments", it is hard to admit that guys actually are flirting with you.
    #3. True dat. This is a big one and it's best to start talking about it and how DH might feel as well.
    #4. Interesting number. I knew that most bypass patients gained some back, and assumed we would also...but I didnt know the 20%. Oh well, they also say we will lose about 40% of our excess body weight..and to that I say I WILL LOSE MORE MR. STATISTICS MAN!

    Congrats on being one step closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 is scary to me....sometimes our relationship is hard because he is closed with his feelings...i am worried about this one
    #4 wow....didn't know that so have to try harder!!

    ReplyDelete