Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Friday, October 2, 2009

Things I like - Non-food related

Kristen got me thinking today....In her blog she asked "Who loves makeup?".  Well I do!  I also like the following things that do not involve food.  I hope I can fall back on this list when the head hunger hits me:

No particular order here:

Thunderstoms

Outer Banks vacations
The beach
The smell & sound of the ocean
Vera Bradley bags
Karen Neuberger PJ's
A good book
Magazines - I have an obsession with them
Reading your blogs
Penguins - I have collected them for over 25 years
OPI nail polish - bright pinks
Smashbox cosmetics
Moroccan oil for my curly hair
QVC
House
Grey's Anatomy
Law & Order
Fuzzy slipper socks
Soft sweaters
Fall weather
My 19 yo DD still calls me Mommy
My 9 yo DD's laugh
Yankee candles - spice scents
The smell of coffee in the morning
My chorkie Riley - he thinks I'm his Mom and always snuggles with me
Motown music - always picks up my mood
Watching the Red Sox
Brighton
Pandora charms
"Fun & Funky" watches
Boating & fishing
Golf
Spending time with DH - my best friend
Yard Sales  - love to find treasues
Craft Fairs - love the primitive country look
Scrapbooking
Bath & Body works shower gels and lotions
A *good* massage
Bike riding on the boardwalk at the shore
The smell of clean wash
Snow days

9 comments:

  1. OMG you listed so many of my favorite things!!
    I love my Pandora!
    My cat's name is Riley
    I love scrapbooking!!
    I love penguins!
    Moroccan oil and OPI are two of my faves!!
    Glad you posted this it reminds me of so many of my favorite things!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have many of your favorites and it just reminded me of them. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love smashbox! and pretty much everything else you listed! Magazines too, I think I have a couple hundred stacked near my bed. Oprah, Cooking Light, redbook, Real Simple, Country living....arrrggghh I can't throw them away :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots I like in there too...I just discovered Moroccan Oil!

    Magazines....I have a subscription to about 100 of em, drives DH crazy. Not only that, I also get the local paper, plus the WSJ, plus the NYT. I NEVER have enough time to read it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing this. It sure brings things back into perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh there,s nothing like the smell of coffee first thing! I love your list. Nice to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ladies! I forgot to mention one very important thing - I am a total SHOE WHORE! How could I forget that on my list :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn! I didn't even notice that the "Kristen" you were talking about at the beginning of this blog is me right?! Haha Im glad I can be your inspiration for this entry :) I love makeup along with so many other things! Thanks for a refreshing blog!

    ReplyDelete