Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Saturday, January 30, 2010

POST OP DAY 3

Finally took a shower - that felt good - but tired me out!  So far today I had about 5 teaspoons of cream of wheat & a few sips of Crystal Light. I am on Full liquids until Sat. & then on to mushies. I feel full & get gas pains right around where the band is. Last night I had several bouts of liquid poops - sorry if TMI!!! I woke up at 3:30am & had pain around my band.  I took Lortab & slept until 9:30 this morning.  I got on the scale & weighed 228 this morning - down 8 lbs.  I feel a little better each day, but still very weak.  Below is a pic of my incisions.  That's it for now!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Dawn.. looks good.. everything you write about sounds about right for that first week.. stay hydrated, walk around when you can.. remember these next few weeks are for healing.. be well.. hope you and DH take care of one another..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great there. I was going to say what Barbara said but would be parroting here: so instead I will say.. look after yourself, and your hubby too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn - I right there with you. My surgery was the 26th. I get tired pretty quick and I'm hungry but when I sip liquids, I get full quick. I keep reading everyone's encouragement and know that this will not last forever...we will feel better than ever very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, congratulations! Feel better soon - I promise it gets better!

    ReplyDelete