Sad to say it feels like the old me is coming back - urrrggggh! I find myself getting hungry sooner and also thinking more about food & what I can eat next.
Don't get me wrong - I am lucky to hit 1,000 cals a day and I am meeting my protein requirements. But over the last few days - my calorie count has slowly increased. I journal everything I eat and that is keeping me in check, plus the fact that I am still on mushies.
But it's scary 'cause I feel like I did pre-band - - - -like I am just not full or satisfied - - - like I want more :( I HATE this feeling so much. This can't be bandster hell already can it??? Tomorrow will be my 2 week bandiversary. I know I am not PMSing. So WTF??????? Old me go away!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



This time is to heal, and not really to lose wait but the hunger is such a pain and we all hate to see the scale go up. Until you get good restriction hunger is your worst enemy (it is my biggest trigger). Your best bet is start building some coping strategies now.
ReplyDeleteFor me the best one is to drink A LOT of water. I am supposed to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks and between each meal and snack I try and drink a 24 oz water bottle. I swear I "slosh" around at times, but it does help. I wrote a blog about some other strategies that I use: http://metamorphicjourney.blogspot.com/2010/01/for-linda-o-and-anyone-else.html.
I hope it helps!
I can see myself going down this slippery path too; each day I know I'm eating a little more, and it's not necessarily good things that I'm eating more of. My old eating habits are rearing their ugly heads, although I do know I really can't eat as much as I used to, so that is a saving grace at the moment.
ReplyDeleteI still need to get used to the fact that I need to work with the band, rather than expecting it to do all the work for me. Still, only 3 more weeks to my first fill. When do you get yours?
Dawn - take it slow. This is the worst time. You will be hungry and it will frighten you because even though you did your homework and know you have no restriction - it's still hard to think you won't lose right away. I know I did eat more than some people during this period, but I ate the right stuff - protein & things that would keep me full. I lost weight too. The important thing is to not give in and say screw it I'm going to eat 3 snickers! Hang in there...
ReplyDeleteThnaks everyone. My first fill is March 1st.
ReplyDeleteI feel you!! I'm right there too. I try to stick with the diet but it's really hard sometimes. Eggs have been my savior!
ReplyDeleteHang in there...I think I hit it before the first week was out (Bandster Hell). Just try to heal and not gain and GET THOSE FILLS ;-)
ReplyDeleteYes...this can be bandster hell. It was about 7 days after surgery for me that it began. And I still think about my next meal...usually before I even finish the meal I am on! You will make it!
ReplyDeleteI recommend staying really well hydrated as well with either water or caffeine free herbal teas. Sometimes a warm mug of something helps to take the edge off the hunger.
ReplyDelete