Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thanks !

I wanted to thank all of you that responded to my post yesterday.  It sounds like many of us are in the same slow boat to weightlossville right now = :( 

The consensus from many of you was to increase my calories.  This scares the bejeebers out of me and will be hard because I get so full now at my meals.  I NEVER thought I'd say this, but it seems like I don't have enough time in the day to eat more foodI  WHAAAA???? Who woulda thought I'd EVER say that!!!!! So back to the plan; I guess I'll have to choke down an extra protein shake.  And another thing,  how in the heck are we supposed to get 64 oz of liquid in anyway?  That is truly difficult for me.  

Anyway, I took Katie's (Me ~ vs ~ Myself) advice and went on the Daily Plate section of Livestrong.com.  I plugged in my numbers.  I wanted to see what my caloric intake would need to be to lose 2 pounds per week.  The answer was 1,579 calories per dayAbout 600 more calories per day than I eat now.  This whole thing perplexes me to no end. And so it goes, another chapter in the life of one new bandster looking for a scale break. 

1 comment:

  1. I am working backwards through blogs trying to catch up and I havent read your other post yet...but...if you figure things out...let me know!!! I used to SO believe in that fact that weight loss was just simple math. It worked for me in the past (to lose it but I gained it back). But you know what? For some reason it doesnt seem to apply to us. I dont know if its bc we had surgery...or have screwed our metabolism up...etc...but if it was simple math I should lose like every week! ARGH!

    Stay strong though :)

    ReplyDelete