Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Don't Mean To Relish in Your Pain.......

But it does make me feel better! Because I know I am not alone here.  

I so wanted to post an upbeat story today - my 3 week post op date.  But I can't.  Instead I am having a pity party.  

I am stalled - like many of my other newly banded blogger friends.  I have not lost freakin' a pound in two weeks for gosh sakes.  I am faithfully following all the Bandster rules. I journal everything that crosses my lips, I do not drink during, or 45 mins. after meals, I eat all my protein first, I stick to 3 meals per day & 2 healthy snacks, I consume 800-1000 calories per day.  I am a model Bandster - and yet no results.  At this point during past diet attempts I would have given up & fallen off the wagon.  But I will not this time.  I will venture forth and continue to follow the rules.  That scale has to cut me a break soon.  I do not see my Dr. until March 1st & hopefully I will get a fill then.  To make matters worse..... And I know I should not compare or feel bad about his success, but hubby has lost 35 lbs.  TRIPLE the pounds I did!  He started at 264 & now weighs 229.  I am happy for him, but feeling sorry for myself. I was in tears last night, but feeling a little better today.  I can only hope that 4 weeks post op shows me a little love.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've stalled, but you know from all the other blogs that you are absolutely not alone! I'm rigt there with you; not that that makes it feel any better, I know.

    Well done to DH on his 35lbs loss, and well done to you too - 15lbs is a great amount of weight to have said goodbye (and good riddance) to FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never fair... the men always lose faster. It really is not cool!! I am sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh keep the faith. It seems like at lot of bloggers have the same "stalling"-me too. I'm eating less than 800 calories and only get 0.2 loss over the last few days. WTF. I too used to give up at this point. I think our bodies are just unhappy with us, that we are no longer giving in so stick it out and show it who is boss. Congrats to the hubby--men always lose weight easier than us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear that you've stalled BUT I am glad you're not giving up. It sucks that mean lose so much faster than women and it really takes the wind out of our sails. Have you checked to see if you're eating enough calories? try livestrong.com and go to their daily plate feature. It will help you know how many calories you need to consume to lose x amount of pounds. It helped me out and it's free!!
    it's going to get better
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll lose! It is so frustrating at first. I gained weight the first two weeks after surgery, on protein shakes, and less than 1000 calories a day. And GUYS SUCK because they lose so much faster...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not eating enough calories will put your body into "starvation mode" and your metabolism will slow down and you will hold on to those pounds for dear life. So, Maybe you should up your calories to 1200-1400 and see what that does. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're definitely not alone. I'm going to up my calories a bit and see if it helps. Here's to the scale moving in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete