DH & I are 60 days out from surgery. The time really went by fast! We are having a very successful & easy time with our bands so far. DH has lost 54.3 lbs & I have lost 29.8. I am very pleased with my results BUT...seeing DH lose so much sometimes makes me feel that I could lose faster (I know I shouldn't feel that way).
Heeding Catherine's advice, I took my measurements today. This is how they compare to 4 days before surgery:
Before Today
Chest 45" 41.5 " -3.5"
Waist 46" 43" -3"
Hips 52" 48" -4"
Neck 15.5" 15" -.5"
Upper Arms 16" 15" -1"
Thighs 37.5" 26.5" -11" - very strange!!!
Calves 19" 17.5" -1.5"
Total inches lost - 24.5 - not bad!
I dropped 1 clothing size. I am wearing 18's now. My stomach is still big & it is difficult for me to see my loss. DH & DD's say they can see it - but I think they are being nice. I went to my hairdresser on Thursday; I had not seen her since a month before banding & she said the loss was very noticable. As she was cutting my hair she said I looked like a different person around my neck & shoulders.
DH has not had a fill, I have had 1 fill. We both have a fill appt. on Monday. DH is not sure he needs one; we'll see what Dr. Ceppa recommends.
Some of the things we do that I feel has made us so successful in Bandster Hell:
Journaling our food is key for us. We do count our calories on a daily basis & rarerly go over 1000 per day. I know this is contrary to what many of you do; but it works for us. It does not feel like we are dieting because we are full, satisfiesd & happy. For the most part we are not exercising. DH is much more active than I am at work & just in general. We track calories & protein; we do not really worry about fat, but do tend to use very little oil, butter or full fat margarine. We eat ALOT of fish & other seafood. We also enjoy potatoes & whole wheat bread. We tend to stay away from pasta & rice because of the high calories. We eat 3 meals per day and weigh and measure everything. I am pretty sure we both eat more than a cup of food at dinner; hopefully the fills will help me with that. We enjoy 2-3 snacks per day such as string cheese, SF popsicles, popcorn. We both have a difficult time getting 64 oz of water in per day.
I plan to post some pictures soon - but I am afraid you wil not see much difference with me - except my thighs!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



WOW - that is so awesome! Keep up the good work - we're all rooting for you. Oh and don't you hate that boys lose it so fast? Ugh!
ReplyDeleteFantastic....80 lbs combined in 2 months..WOW...you make it sound so easy...And it's not....believe me...
ReplyDeleteHas DH's golf improved with the weight loss??....I think having the pair of you in the same situation must be a huge help...once again well done.....
Wow, pretty much 30lbs - that is FANTASTIC! You are doing brilliantly, and the loss in inches is great too.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! You are both doing so well!
ReplyDeleteYou two are rocking it! Congrats on your success. I have a feeling that weighing and measuring will be important to me, too. Old Weight Watchers habits die hard. :)
ReplyDeleteI bet we will see a big difference- it is always harder to see it on yourself. Can't wait for the pics!
Congrats on the success. That's so awesome that you are doing so well with little restriction. Inspiring!
ReplyDeleteI think you are doing amazingly! think of it, over 10 pounds a month! Whoo hoo! That is wonderful. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for your encouraging words!
ReplyDeleteAndrew, Hubby was out golfing today for the first time since banding. He said to tells you he gained 30 yds off the tee because he now has a fuller shoulder swing.
Nice losses so far - and don't stress about your husband blowing the weight off faster than you - its not fair - but seems to be par for the course. How or why they do it quicker is a mystery but it's normal.
ReplyDeleteDoing so well, Dawn. You're really kicking band butt. And you do whatever you need to do to keep things ticking along. If journaling works.. keep it up.
Excellent! You are a rare breed, losing all that off your thighs first! I'd like to know the trick to that!
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting us know your secrets to success. You are doing so great!
I am sure with 30lbs gone we WILL see the difference. Keepup the great work
ReplyDeleteI left you two awards on my blog!
ReplyDeleteThat is so great! Congratulations!!
ReplyDelete