Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Emily's 10th Birthday Party today and I had.......

 A slice of Pizza & a tiny piece of yellow cake with whipped cream frosting - oh yes I did & I feel good about it too!  I'm living life & working my band.  Here's a pic of Emily & her Daddy at her skating party.



This is the delicious cake.

Here's a picture of my beautiful Emily - I can't believe she's 10 already!:

Emily and her friends skating away:

Here's Hubby & me at the party.  Today was our weigh in day.  I lost 1.5 lbs & he lost 4 lbs.  I am so proud of both of us:

11 comments:

  1. Great job on the weight loss! You guys look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of you and your husband - you look so great together. Your little girl is beyond cute!! Wish her a happy birthday from me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are doing great!!

    I absolutely love the cake theme!! And it looks sooo gooood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both still on the way down , thats fantastic...What is hubbies loss to date ?

    Is he finding it easier or harder than you ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum - that cake looks goooood! And you both look great too. I think your attitude to eating is the right one - yes, we have bands, but why on earth shouldn't we have a slice of pizza and some cake if we want to? What fun would life be otherwise?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, the cake looks scrumptious. Congrats to you and your hubby on your continued weight loss success, looking good. Your daughter is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had pizza last night too. We are LIVING LIFE and eating normally! This isn't a diet it's a life change! I had 1 piece of pizza as opposed to the 4 pieces I would have had pre-band.

    YOU BOTH LOOK FANTASTIC!!! CONGRATS! And - HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics and congrats to you for finding the balance I hope I can enjoy one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone!

    Hey Andrew - DH lost 48lbs to date & I lost 21. His weight is still falling off at a very quick pace. I am losing about 1.5 per week. We both eat aboout 1000 calories oer day.

    Hubby was mad at me for posting the pics - he thought he looked bad in them :(. Actually he does look much thinner in person. I will try to get some better pics up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys look great and it sounds like you had fun at the birthday party. That's what they're for - so good for you!

    I just got all caught up on your blog and wanted to take the time to say hi and how do you do. I love reading about a journey of a husband and wife team doing this. I am about to be banded (I hope - just finished the insurance requirements) but my husband won't be. However, he wants to lose about 65 pounds and is going to try doing so vicariously through me and what I can eat. So if he can do that...this is what I have to look forward to, too - my sweet hubby surpassing me quickly while I work my butt off to do half the amount. :) That's ok - we'll both be so much better off for this hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys are doing a great job!! and that cake has me drooling :)

    ReplyDelete