.
......Not Really
Monday's 4 cc fill really didn't do much at all for me. I can still eat over a cup of food at each meal. I get hungry between meals and I can eat whole wheat bread - I only tried it toasted.
Honestly, the only difference I feel is a bit more pressure at my breast bone and more burping. I've read that sometimes it takes up to two weeks for a fill to kick in. Not sure how factual that is?
I go back on March 29th for my second fill - I can handle it until then, but I really want to start moving this thing along already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Wow, you get 4cc's at a time? My dr was so conservative that I didn't hit 4 ccs until i was almost 6 months post op. The pressure and burping is a good sign that restriction is coming, eat slow and enjoy the weight loss coming!
ReplyDeleteDid you have restrition in the first couple days? I got 3cc's yesterday and I can't get a whole yogurt in!
ReplyDeleteNo Chele, I had nothing. My Doc allowed me to eat regular foods on Tuesday. I only had to be on liquids Monday after the fill.
ReplyDeleteHang in there Dawn! Getting proper restriction is tricky can be frustrating because it takes awhile sometimes. (9 months in my case!)
ReplyDeleteWhen I have fills, I notice it right away. While I was working up to the restriction I *finally* have now, I would have the good restriction and even burping/PB'ing for the first 2 weeks then it would all but disappear.
I can't imagine it not kicking in until two weeks later. I can only guess that what they are thinking is a fill kicking in is more like preAF/postAF hormones causing swelling around the band. I do get that.
Who knows? The whole thing is crazy I think!! lol
Thanks for your comments on my blog. I really appreciate it! :)
Hi Dawn
ReplyDeleteI had my first fill today - 4ccs in a 10cc band. I have to stay on liquids/purees til Monday. Today I've had two bowls of soup and a yoghurt, all of which have gone down with no problem so I wonder whether I actually have any/much restriction. My surgeon says some people don't lose weight for 3-4months because it can take a while to get the right amount in the band, so not to be despondent if that happens - hmm, that'll be hard! I have to wait two weeks before getting another fill if I need one. I asked him if after two weeks I don't feel restriction, whether it is likely to come later, but he said no, it doesn't 'develop' over time, it's either there or it isn't.
Now I wonder if my first fill will do anything. I think I have about 3-4 cc's in there already but will probably only get another cc. I too just feel a pressure under my breastbone. Anyway, I hope you start to see some progress. I find it frustrating that I don't see much weight loss right now. But it will come. All the others say so. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI am jealous... I never got more than 1.5 cc at a time. I am almost 2 years post-op and I only have 5.5cc now. I still have good restriction so I am not knocking it. I have lost right at 90 lbs counting the pre-surgery weight loss as well. Good luck with your journey!
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky to have gotten 4 cc's at once!! I got 2 cc's in Surgery, and 1 cc at the first three fills, giving me 5 cc's in 3 Months!
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Sunshine Award! Check it out on my blog!!
Have a great weekend!
I would honestly be surprised if you had much restriction with just one fill - but that 2nd one might nail it a touch more. I hope so.. that would be great for you.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Dashy... I am going onto my 3rd fill on Tuesday (cross your fingers for me that I will be better from my stomach virus so I can get it...) and I haven't reached my 'sweet spot.'
ReplyDeleteThe burping you're talking about is a good sign, though... you'll get there. Thanks for all the awesome support on my blog.
xo Vanessa
I had my first fill a few days ago and really don't feel like it's made a difference in restriction. I too was told that it may take a while for the fill to kick in, my next one isn't until Mar. 30 so we'll see.
ReplyDeleteYou'll get to your sweet spot, it may take a few fills to get there.