Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Friday, March 19, 2010

My first cookout!




Yesterday my boss told me not to bring lunch today - she said they were getting the grill out & cooking lunch for all the employees.  You're thinking "wow - how nice" - right?  Well, my first thought was Holy F*%$! I am not ready for this - remember - I have only told ONE person at work about the band!!  So last night I packed a salad & planned on skipping the barbecue.  Normally it's burgers, hot dogs & calorie laden salads & there is no way I wanted to eat those things.  Well...as my luck would have it....doesn't my boss personally come to my office & say "don't forget about the cookout". URGGH!!!!  I did not want to appear ungrateful considering she invited me TWICE!!!  Well, turns out ----- they grilled chicken this time too.  Never in my life was I so happy to see chicken - what a relief!!!!  I put the tasty chicken on my salad & I was a happy bandster - bad situation avoided - Yay!

My brother brought his car into the car wash where my DD works & they were chatting this morning.  Samantha did not realize I didn't tell my brother about the band & she asked what he thought about our weight losses when he saw us at my Uncle's funeral last week.  He told her he didn't know we had surgery.  He then proceeded to tell her he got banded in June...WHA??????  I guess my family is just full of dirty little secrets!

3 comments:

  1. That's HYSTERICAL!!! You're all in the banded family LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No f-ing way? Your brother is banded and didn't tell you and you were banded and didn't tell him? OMG! That is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's too funny about your brother! You can totally bond now.
    I understand about work & food. The first week I went back to work after surgery I had like three lunches. I think I hid it well.

    ReplyDelete