Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My New Blog

I'm not sure if anyone noticed that I changed my blog.  This is why:  My Uncle passed away last week.  He was married to my Mom's youngest sister.  His wife, my favorite Aunt, passed away in 1987 from cervical cancer.  My Mom passed away in 1990 from lung cancer.  Our families were devastated.  My Uncle never remarried.  At my Uncle's funeral, My cousin (who was more like an older sister to me as I was growing up) showed me a beautiful floral bouquet near the casket.  There were two silk butterflies within the flowers.  My cousin told me that she had a dream a few years ago and in that dream My Aunt (her Mom) and my Mom came to her as butterflies and told her to follow her heart and get her teaching degree.  My cousin was 30 at the time & lost her current job.  She went back to school & got her Master's degree.  She teaches at a local high school and part time at a local community college.  She told me that the butterflies in the flowers represented My Aunt & My Mom.  So they are now on my blog looking over me too.

11 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I love butterflies because my daughter was born in a town that translates into butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a nice remembrance. Sorry about your loses, but what a lovely memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the butterflies - what a nice remembrance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very touching, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Butterflies! So sorry to hear of your loss! I almost lost my Mom this week too, so I totally can relate!

    Both you and your husband are doing great by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butterflies are good luck besides being beautiful. I saw one the day before my daughter was born. It was a monarch about two weeks behind the migration. It had no business being here in late October, but there it was. For some reason I knew everything would be just fine, and it was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When my mother-in-law died, I was very upset and was leaving work, when I got in my car, there was a butterfly on my windshield, I thought how odd, and it reminded me of her. It stayed there the whole way home, so I thought it must be injured, but when I got home it flew off and lingered by my kitchen window. I told my husband that I thought his mom sent the butterfly to comfort me. We left that day to go to Ohio for the funeral and when we left the cemetary, we drove through about 100 butterflies all together. I felt so much peace, I know she had something to do with it! Thanks for sharing your story. And, BTW you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post. Just getting caught up on posts, congrats on the fantastic weight loss. You are doing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. goosebumps. seriously.
    i'm a big believer in the fact that those we have loved and lost come back to us. it's not always in a way we would think, but they do come back. sometimes to let us know they're ok, others to let us know we've done something they might not appreciate. :) i've experienced both.

    ReplyDelete