Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Friday, April 9, 2010

Weekday Dish & Update on my Banded Brother

Good Morning Friends,

Coffee

Breakfast - String Cheese & Black Cherry yogurt

Lunch - Smart Ones - Tuna Casserole

Snack - mini bag of popcorn

Dinner - 5 oz Turkey w/gravy, 1/2 cup green beans

Snack - Laughing Cow cheese wedge/whole wheat melba toast & a fudgesicle

I went to my local WL support group with my brother  you know the one who was banded in June & didn't tell me....Oh that's right - I didn't tell him I was banded either - BWAAHAAAAHA!

Anyway, my brother has lost 48 pounds since June.  He said he is on a plateau & hasn't lost in a few months.  He had 2 fills - he definitely needs another.  I am guessing he has about 100 more pounds to lose. Funny thing, when DH & I were in the midst of our pre-band stuff I kept thinking to myself  "I wish my brother would look into this" - I'm so glad he did! My brother is 12 years older than me & has always been the father figure in my life ( my Mom & Dad divorced when I was 4).  He is actually my half - brother (we have different Dads).  I've always looked up to him & sought his approval.  He gave me away at my wedding & I really want him to be healthy.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is great that you are all getting healthier together! I hope that my sister and my sister-in-law will eventually be banded, as well. I know they are watching my progress, and it is really important to be a good example for them so they will take that leap! Good luck to you all. :)

    ReplyDelete