Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Friday, May 14, 2010

BYOC...OLD NAVY & SISTERS - SAY WHAT???

I took the girls to Old Navy for some Mommy/Daughter shopping last night  - Uhem...sorry to my DH....we did some damage to the credit card -----but my clothes don't fit & Samantha made the Dean's List & Emily's growing like a weed!!!!  So I found some cute capris in 16's & some cute tops.  I didn't think I would fit  in the capri's since Old Navy stuff runs small.  Well, I put the white pair on with one of the tops & to my amazement THEY FIT.... I called Samantha into the dressing room to see...I said ...LOOK how thin I look...OMG I have a shape.  She looked at me & "I know Mommy, you're getting skinny".  This was the honest to goodness first time I REALLY saw the loss & thought I looked good!!  Next we went to Olive Garden (I know ...but Samantha picked).  I did ok...ate salad, a half of a breadstick & 1/2 an order of Ravioli stuffed with portabella - yum.  At the end of the meal the waitress came to the table & said she had a question to ask....Wait for it.....Are you three SISTERS?????   SISTERS - I Said - huh???  Well, I told her she made my day & I would reward her with a nice tip.  She said we all look exactly alike!!!   Holy Crap the girl can work a room for sure :)

1. If you could be a cartoon character – who would you be and why? Sponge Bob.  He's cute & dumb & so happy to live his life....no cares at all.

2. Who was your teenage heart throb? (Thanks Fiona for this one). Steve Perry from Journey.  I went to see Journey at the Philadelphia Spectrum when I was 16. My first concert!!

3. Do you believe being overweight is about a mental obstacle or do you believe it’s simply about overeating/food? I was sure it was mental before I was banded.  I even told DH that the band would not work on me because of head hunger.  Since banding I believe I am overweight due to overeating & poor food choices.


4. What’s your all-time favorite song? In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins.  I went to a Genesis Concert when I was 17.  It was my first ever real date.  I have always loved the song.


5. Whose blog or comment spoke to you/stuck with you this week and why? This is our “you get to be famous for a moment” without having to follow all the rules of an official blog award question. Definitely Jacquie's.  My prayers are with her & her family.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! congrats, I'm so proud of you...you give me hope. I want to see pics in your new outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild women on the loose! Glad you and your girls had fun shopping (GREAT NSV, btw!) and spending quality bonding time. Life is better banded?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now don't go discounting the compliment by assuming the waitress was fishing for a tip! You look great. I am so jealous of the 16's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve Perry is awesome...Journey has always been one of my favorite groups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's the pic- We need to see your skinny ass :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahoo - you skinny little turkey butt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, we wanna see your skinny ass...on your way to stardom...SKINNY BITCH! Rock it sista!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl, I am so jealous that Journey was your first concert!!! Love Journey (with Steve Perry, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old Navy runs small? Really? Awesome! It is one of those places where I can always find something that fits!! That makes MY day!1 And yes, you are looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome....congrats. You so deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. way to go! my mom and i get mistaken for sisters now that we've lost weight. it actually made us both feel great! old navy clothes are awesome. i pretty much exclusively wear their stuff. my closet looks like an old navy throwback store. lol

    ReplyDelete