Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Friday, July 2, 2010

BYOC & Vacation!!!

I don't know if you bloggies remember this post: http://db1119.blogspot.com/2010/01/80-pounds-from-now-going-swimming-with.html

Back in January (2 weeks before we were banded), DH asked if it was possible to lose 80 pounds with the band by our vacation in July.  He wanted to lose this much to feel comfortable enough to go swimming with Emily (yes ladies,  guys struggle with their body image just like us).  Well>>>>>> He didn't lose 80 pounds.. Nope - he lost 85!!!!!!  And I am so freakin' proud of him!!!!! 

Our slender selves are headed to the Outer Banks at 4 am tomorrow.  It is about a 9 hour drive from my house in PA.  We will be there until next Saturday - I can't wait --- I will post some beach pics & of course, pics of DH swimming with Emily :)

On to B.Y.OC.:

1. Seeing that it’s a patriotic holiday of sorts I thought of this one: Where were you on September 11th?



I was hired by my current employer on Sept. 10th.  Out of the blue, they decided to send me for training in Philadelphia on the 11th.  I was with 3 other people (strangers really) from my company & our seminar was held at hotel right near the Philadelphia airport.  On our morning break, we saw the news stories & we saw pilots & flight attendents in the hotel lobby - obviously their planes were grounded.  It was pure chaos & I was scared to death.  The seminar left out early & I got home around 4pm & my hubby just hugged me & cried when I walked through the door.  He was so scared for my safety because I was so close to a major airport. It is a day I will NEVER forget.
 
2. What is your idea of fun? If given the chance to skip work/life for an entire day, what would you do? (assume you’d be by yourself)



Oh good one ... I would get a massage & a pedicure and do some shopping on my own ---- I rarely get to shop for me or shop alone!
 
3. How many blogs do you follow?  About 100
 
Do you read them all or just your faves? I try to read them all!!!!
 
Do you comment a little, a lot, on all?  I try to comment on all the bloggers that support me - because this community of BOOBS is sucha great support system for all of us.  I have stopped commenting on a few because I never hear anything from them. 
 
Have you ever unfollowed someone because of something they said or you didn’t like their blog? No. I have not unfollowed anyone.
 
4. Repeat question. Pick one day and one healthy thing you’ll do for just that day next week.



I will be on vacation - BUT - DH & I plan on staying on plan!  I want to get up early & walk the beach for miles!!!
5. Repeat "Make someone a superstar" question. Whose blog or blog comment stuck with you this week and why?  I have to say Amy W's blog - you know the one I'm talkin' about!  I love her to death & admire her courage :)

 
Have a great holiday bloggies!!!!!




 

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your vacay! And a wonderful milestone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you both! Enjoy your vacay, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - can't wait for pictures. You scared me on #1....so glad you made it home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your husband both are doing great! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, that is so wonderful. You both are inspiring banders! I think we sometimes forget that men need a little NSV now and too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your skinny vacation was fantabulous. Can't wait to read all about it and see the pics!

    ReplyDelete