Sorry, I’m not sorry that I do not need to accumulate friends. I am very happy to have just one or two close ones that I count on, cry with and laugh with. Having a lot of friends does not make me a better person; it does not mean I am “cool” or “popular”. I am not one to open up easily to others or to share too much of myself. I am not sorry for that.
Sorry, I’m not sorry that I do not live in a mansion. As a matter of fact, I have lived in my 1400 square foot home for 22 years. My home will never be in Better Homes & Gardens, but it is paid for free & clear, better still I can afford my property taxes each year. I will not retire in debt someday. So, some may turn their nose up at my little cottage. I make no excuses, we could afford bigger & better, but we choose not to. Sorry, I am not sorry for that.
Sorry, I am not sorry that I do not have a college degree. What I have is true on the job, reality in your face, work force know how. If it needs to get done, I am the go to person. I’ve learned from real life experiences, and that my friends, you cannot get from any schooling. I have a strong work ethic. I am resilient and reliable. I am loyal and conscientious. I have common sense. So, no I am not sorry that I never finished my degree.
Sorry, I am not sorry that I have been with the same man for 26 years, married to him for almost 22. We get each other and our marriage just works. Sure, we have our firecracker moments – things are not all roses & happiness, but it works for us. Together, we have been through births, deaths, graduations, happy times and definite black times. But it is what it is & we belong together. So, I am not sorry that I love my husband and look forward to our golden years together.
Sorry, I am not sorry that I am an emotional person. Things can really get to me. I care about others and I am a pleaser. This can be very hard. I wish sometimes I would not take everything personally, but I do. Being passionate makes me who I am, and I am not sorry for being me.
Sorry, I am not sorry that I did not grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth. On the contrary, I was raised by a divorced mother of 3. I learned how to work hard and give to others even though I did not have a lot myself. I learned that life isn’t always fair, but if you work hard and follow the rules you will be rewarded in so many ways. Sorry, I am not sorry that I had to work for everything I have. It built character and made me stronger.
Sorry, I am not sorry that I will fight to the death for my daughters. They mean everything to me and I am probably an overprotective mom. I definitely learned a few lessons raising the first one that will make it easier to raise the second. I will never earn a parent of the year award, but I did the best I could considering, I did not have my mom to turn to for advice since she passed away when my oldest was a year old. I would never be voted the favorite parent among my kids’ friends, but that is not an award I am after. Sorry, I am not sorry that I would rather be my daughters’ parent as opposed to being their best friend.
What are you Sorry, you are not sorry for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Great Post D!
ReplyDeleteAwesome post!
ReplyDeleteDawn.. I think you are perfect.. and love your perspective..
ReplyDeleteAmazing post...You rock! :) Good for you for standing firm on what you believe in. More people need your approach to life!
ReplyDelete