First off, thanks to all of you for your encouragement and words of advice - your comments helped me so much!
I had my appointment with Dr. Ceppa on Friday. I talked about my loss & how I was discouraged. I talked about my tightness & pbing. He told me that he was very pleased with my loses & said that he felt I would lose all of my excess weight by my first year, I already lost 64% my excess weight in 7 months - so that is pretty awesome according to him. He reminded me that I am now losing like a "normal banded patient" - about 1 lb per week. He said DH & I really did well & the weight came off so rapidly in the beginning.
He gave me another .25cc's in my band. I told him that I thought that I was having discomfort & pbing because I was not chewing my food as well as I thought & I was eating too fast. DH brought this to my attention. He felt I should try to work with my band better & was please that I did not get anything taken out. I have been doing much better too. I am remember to chew, chew, chew & I am really focusing on my "soft stops" - for me that's when my nose starts to run or I sneeze. That's when I know it's time to put the fork down!
The good news is I lost 1.5 pounds last week & I am officially in the 170's now!!!! This banding is such am emotional rollercoaster for me and a test of patience too. I think what got me into trouble was that I kept focusing on the next goal & maybe that goal isn't so realistic? I wanted to lose all my weight by 9/24 - my 22nd wedding anniversary. That will probably not happen & I am now at peace with that. One other great thing - my blood pressure was 114/70 on Friday! I am off all meds & this is the lowest reading I think I ever had!!! YAY for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Holy Guacomole!! that is fantastic Dawn.. You are doing great and sounds like your doc is totally working with you.. some times I forget that chew chew chew rule.. And I totally agree on not focusing on goals or deadlines... the weight will all come off in due time.. you are doing wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWeeehaaawwww for the 170s! You're doing so great!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great Dawn! Keep it up girlfriend! I am right behind you...180.4 this morning! I cannot wait to see the scale starting with 17!
ReplyDeleteI think you're doing great!!! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're off the meds. That's my next goal. I too lose at about 0.5 to 1 pound a week. It is frustrating but the scale keeps going down and that is what we need to be happy about.
ReplyDeleteI too have had to learn to really chew. It isn't easy to just chow down anymore without thinking.
Awesome! I need to take a page from your book and learn to eat slower and chew better :) Congrats on getting to the 170s...you're doing a great job :)
ReplyDelete