It’s been a while since I posted. I honestly do not have a lot to report & I feel like I have writer’s block right now. I am still reading your blogs and commenting when I can.
I think I am in a bit of a stall right now. I have only lost 2.2 pounds since my last fill on July 16th. My band has 10.5 cc’s (11 cc realize band), and I am getting very discouraged. In the beginning the weight came off fairly rapidly, not so much now. I have not changed anything I am doing, so I just don’t get it. I am still struggling to get to my 60 pound goal (which I set for the beginning of July). I am not able to exercise right now (nor have I during the last 7 months), because of my back problems. I am in constant pain and go to physical therapy twice per week. It’s physically & emotionally draining.
Anyway, I am eating no more than 1200 calories per day, so exercise or not, I should see a nice loss each week. I do not buy into the idea of adding more calories to start my loss. That concept does not make sense to me. I think my band may be a bit too tight. I am pbing frequently (maybe once per day) depending on what I eat. I am chewing a lot & eating slowly, but it doesn’t matter. I see Dr. Ceppa on Friday & may ask for a slight unfill. But then I think to myself, I am losing at such a slow pace now, will it get even slower if I take fluid out?
I had such high hopes & determination to lose this weight by September (86 pounds). I was really doing well and that goal seemed so attainable. Well, not so much anymore. At this rate it will take me another 7.5 months to get to goal. If that’s not a downer I don’t know what is. I just don’t understand why things slowed down like this?



Dawwwwwnnn!! I missed you!
ReplyDeleteSorry you are feeling down - me too. I think a few of us are. I've said the exact same things you said up above. I still say them. I guess it's true that our bodies adjust to eating less and it's not going to come off unless we make ourselves exersise. BLAH!
I don't have any great words of advice--just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and cheering you on!
ReplyDeleteDawn, we have missed you! Talk it over with your doctor, I think if you're PBing everyday, you are too tight. I'm sure the scale will move soon. Hang in there, you've done remarkably well, I'm so proud of you!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't step away from blogging. I think that that was one of my biggest mistakes. I was feeling down and stressed so I didn't blog for a month-the support we get from the blogs is crucial. I agree with tessie that if you are PBing every day you are too tight. That isn't the way the band is supposed to work. We have all been successful so far no matter what the loss has been. A lot of us have started to slow down these last couple weeks, I blame it on summertime! Don't give up, keep blogging and we will get through this together!!
ReplyDeleteI am in the same boat with you and it is EXTREMELY discouraging. I feel like I am going to fail at this "diet" too.
ReplyDeleteSame thing happened to me, it wasn't until I stopped counting calories that the scale started moving again. Varying your calories is the best thing to do from what I can tell, higher one day, lower the next, etc. I was staying around 1000-1200 each day, also, but the weight stopped coming off. I went higher to around 1500 -1700 and then it started moving.
ReplyDeleteALso, PBing once per day sounds like a bad idea.. it can eventually loosen up your band if you PB so much, so I would definitely get an unfill.
You may just be on a plateau... it sucks but it happens. I can't judge because I was in an awful mood during my plateau, also!
It happens to everyone eventually. It's soooo frustrating! You'll get there! You were just so wicked fast in the beginning!
ReplyDeleteOMG! I just went through the same thing...band too tight, PB'ing AT LEAST once usually more per day. My doc was in China and than I was away. I finally went in for an unfill and feel so much better.
ReplyDeleteMy question to you is this: Out of those 1200 cals per day, are you eating all your protein first and getting in your 60 - 80 grams? The reason I am asking is that when I was tight, in order to try to avoid PB'ing, I was eating sliders. In my case, sliders for the most part are not high in protein and i was not eating all my protein.
My doctor says to always get in the protein, than a veggie and than a carb such as potato, pasta, rice only if you need it. His philosphy is if you eat the protein first, it will fill you up and you won't have room for the other stuff!
The week after my unfill, I gained but it was because I felt like a prisoner who was just released from jail! Its all off again and I am now losing again. Its a miracle!
Let us know what you do about your unfill.
I want to echo Janelle up there - I stopped counting calories around my 4th of July vacation and I've had some of my best losses since then. It's weird, but there must be something to revolving caloric intake. It keeps the body guessing. You body might be used to the 1200 calories it knows it's going to get.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I was too tight a few weeks ago and PBing a few times a day. I got so desperate for sustenance that I would eat anything just to get some calories in, like Jacquie mentioned above me - bad stuff too, lots of low nutrient liquids. I don't know if you're having the same problem, but that could definitely contribute to the stall.
Hang in there. Things will start moving again. I agree with the others that you may want to up your calories just for a little while - maybe a week and see what happens. Hope the tightness eases up.
ReplyDelete