Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FORE!!!



Let's get something straight , I am not coordinated in the least. I suck at sports and pretty much hate anything that requires physical exertion. Walking is as adventurous as I get when it come to getting physical (ok - gutter brains,except for those private moments w/DH :).

DH, on the other hand has always been very athletic.  He got back in to golf a few years ago after giving up more physical sports because of bad knees.
 
So DH golfs - alot.... He always wants me to go with him (it's more his guilty conscience asking  because he always leaves me home.  I'm SURE  he doesn't ACTUALLY want to be near me when I have a driver in hand - LOL).....I'm usually not interested in going (went out 1 other time this summer) but I agreed to go last  Friday.  I am on a walking kick right now and we were going to walk the course and use pull carts for our bags.  I figured "what the hey" it will be good exercise.  We went  to a par 3 course. We went after work, so we had about 3 1/2 hours to golf before it got too dark. 

To my surprise, I played 16 holes and did OK - sort of enjoyed it.  I told hubby I would consider taking up this sport in an effort to boost my weight loss.  I may even consider lessons - we'll see. I didn't hurt myself or anyone else in the process and I walked 2.85 miles and burned 383 calories - not bad! 


I asked DH to take this picture of me .  I can't wait to wear those cute little golf outfits as I get more fit.  I want to make a comparison some day in the not so distant future.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is great that he actually wants you to come along and good for you for doing it. You might even learn to like it huh? Hats off to ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss golfing for sure. I am afraid if I took Tracey he has a touch of a temper and if the game didnt go well, I could just see him throwing a club. Anyways...I had lessons when I was 12 and they really help! Sadly, I have to say my favorite part of golfing is driving the cart, so good for you for walking it!

    ReplyDelete