Friday, October 16, 2009
Getting Closer to our bands
Hubby and I had our fourth nutritionist appt. yesterday - 2 more months to go! I lost 2 lbs last month & hubby stayed the same - -12 total. The Nut told us to focus on reducing our portion sizes this month so that we are better equipped to deal with the smaller portions after surgery. She also said we should eat a half a plate of veggies, 1/4 plate of protein and 1/4 plate of starch. We are also supposed to choose healthy snacks - NO DUH!!!! She told us that her most successful band patients are the ones that exercise. She reviewed my labs with me and said everything looked good for surgery. She said my glucose was a bit high, but not high enough that it will hold up my surgery. One GREAT thing is that I always have high liver enzymes and have been diagnosed with a fatty liver. The Nut told me my liver enzymes are in the normal range - YAY! no extra long pre-op liquid diet for me!! She said we are on track to have the surgery in January! Wow - this is really going to happen, isn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Yay! Hoping these last couple months fly by.
ReplyDeleteWow so exciting!! The next couple of months will fly by! Seems like you are doing a great job on your WL!!
ReplyDeleteLOL Took me the 2nd reading to realise you were calling her a NUTritionist, not just a flat out nut!! Now who needs a duh.. me! Sounds like you're doing great: and hey, excellent news on the liver enzymes.
ReplyDeleteGood Morning to another Pennsylvanian!
ReplyDeleteYou've got a friend in PA!!!!
Thank you so much for becoming a follower on my blog! Hopefully, I can provide as much inspiration to you and you can for me! Your "double banding" is just so wonderful. I cannot think of anything better than to share this life changing journey with the person who you are spending your life with. I'm in awe! You are doing great so far! And, I promise you...from the bottom of my heart--that this journey...especially since you are doing it together--will be one of the best things YOU EVER DID FOR YOURSELVES!
No doubt about it!!!
I can't wait to read along and witness all of your experiences! Please feel free to ask me anything....I'm more than happy to share whatever I can!!!
Onward!
Judi
Thanks everyone! And hello Judi!!! I am from Eastern PA near Reading. Where are you from?
ReplyDeleteHi Dawn....hope surgery goes well for you and the hubs! :)
ReplyDeleteHi, thanks for commenting on my blog-- and good on ya regarding your liver. Wait until you see your blood results 1 year from now. They will be worlds different-- that is the great thing about WLS, it not only changes the outside, but improves the inside so much!!
ReplyDeleteHi Dawn, glad to hear that all is still going well in your Lap Band journey. And to be doing it with your husband is great!! I see you are near Reading, do you ever go to the NHRA Races they hold there? I love to watch the Top Fuel & Funny Cars race in the Nitro category! Anyway, I will be monitoring your site as well, watching for when your Surgery finally gets setup.
ReplyDelete