I was trying to come up with a motivational word for 2010. I thought about it for a few days and could not really come up with anything. Then yesterday I looked at the wall in my office and there it was right in front of me the whole time!! My best friend bought me a framed print with a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson for my office that reads as follows:
Success:
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is the meaning of success.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Here's to all of our success in 2010!




What a powerful word!! Run with it!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh I love this!! What an awesome word you have chosen. Funny how the things we search for are sometimes right in front of our face.
ReplyDeleteGreat word for 2010! I'm excited to follow your success this year...
ReplyDeleteFantastic word!!
ReplyDelete