I'm not sure if I ever mentioned that I HATE exercise! I am very uncoordinated and never really found any physical activity, with the exception of walking, that kept me moving. With that said, I decided to pull out my old Richard Simmons VCR tapes - yes they were quite dusty & living in a dark corner of my basement. I was half hoping they were not in working condition. Well, I put one of his tapes yesterday; Disco Sweat. I followed the tape for 45 minutes. I felt like I got a nice workout & actually could get throught the whole tape! I burned about 390 calories - not bad! Today I decided to try Tone & Sweat. This tape requires resistance cords & works on every area of the body. I got through the whole thing & felt like my muscles got a nice workout. So maybe I don't HATE exercise afterall - we'll see.
On the weightloss front, I lost 1 lb this week for a total of 19lbs since surgery. Now, get this, DH is down 42 lbs! Unfreaking believble! I am so happy for him - he looks great. I told him he is leaving me in the dust and will be at his goal weight before I even get started!
We went on a "date" to Applebee's again last night. We both had the "under 550 Calories" dinners again. I has Asiago Steak & DH has Shrimp Diavalo. They were both excellent. It was fun getting dressed & ready to go. I found jeans that were way too tight & now fit me & also a sweater that was a bit snug the last time I wore it now it fit quite nicely. It's been such a long time since I actually felt attractive & wanted to dress in something other than sweats. It was a great feeling.




You are doing fantastic!! Don't let your DH's weight loss concern you. Men do seem to lose faster than women for some strange reason!!
ReplyDeleteBut you can tell by inches that you are losing very well yourself!! Isn't it great to put on clothes that really didn't fit you before and now looks great on you?
You are doing great!
You two are going to be one hot couple!!! Don't you hate how fast men can lose weight? I even look at a sweet and it jumps on my hips.
ReplyDeleterichard is fun. that is really the only exercise i have done since being banded...once.
ReplyDeletekeep up the good work!
Good for you...glad you are enjoying going out more. I think that everyone can learn to like exercise it is just a matter of finding theright thing for you...go Richard
ReplyDelete