Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Friday, April 30, 2010

Fills & such

DH & I had our 3 month check up yesterday.  We met with the Nutritionist (NUT) first.  The NUT couldn't get over how well we've done so far.  She said she really had nothing to critique about our progress.  She told me that I should eat between 1000 - 1200 calories per day until I reach goal.  She discussed that 1 cup - 1 1/2 cups of food per meal is ideal.  We discussed my goal weight of 150. She said she thinks that is a really good goal and that any smaller & I would look too thin - TOO THIN -she said - Whaaaa??.  She told me to start exercising because the weight loss WILL slow down - urrggg!  The NUT told DH to eat between 1200-1400 calories per day until goal & that he could even eat a bit more if he is exercising vigorously.  She said his goal weight of 165 is ok, but he may find he is too thin at that weight TOO THIN - I tell ya!!!!!!  The NUT calculated our % of excess weight loss so far.  Mine is 44% & DH's is 60%.  The NUT said the average band patient loses 50% of excess weight in a year - so we are really doing well!

On to Dr. Ceppa.  He called us his poster patients again & said he wants us to speak at a support group some time.  DH received a 4cc fill - this was his first & he really needed it.  He was eating upwards of 1600 calories this week & last.  This scared the sh*t out of him - he felt out of control.  I had another 2 cc's put in my band - I am up to 9cc's in an 11cc Realize band.  Dr. Ceppa said he can over fill the band if I need it.  He said women take more fills than men because of the fat around a man's stomach.  I just keep my fingers crossed that I get some good restriction now.

Today is my goal for Onederland - I did not make it.  I don't think the scale budged for me this week.

That's about it - Happy Friday & thanks to all of my awesome followers for your support - it means so much!

11 comments:

  1. You guys are doing great! You are so close to onederland, it will happen before you know it. I hope you know what an inspiration you are, I hope I can do as well as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're both in the zone...onederland is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both doing so well! You will hit onederland before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel ONEDERLAND for you! Monday...MONDAY...WAIT WILL MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and am so excited to start following you on your journey. I was a HR manager for over 20 years in NY before moving to FL and becoming a REaltor. I was banded on 3/24/10.

    You and your hubbers are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Onederland will come - I know it! You hang in there you little star patient!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some crazy and awesomely aggressive fills. That's awesome. I hope they do what they are supposed to! So very cool to be the poster children. You guys are just rockin it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn, I wanted to tell you how terrific you looked in your suit! That's my vote on what you should wear for the poster your doctor keeps talking about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fantastic!!! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete