Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Monday, April 19, 2010

Insecurities

First off, let me say that I HATE PMS.  I feel like my eating has been out of control these past few days.  I'm pretty sure I didn't do the kind of damage I would have done pre-band, but the horrible episodes of mindless eating were present none the less. Do they ever go away??

Hopefully you guys saw the Onederland post I did on my Hubby.  He is doing a great job with his band, I am simply amazed at how well he's done already.  He looks really good. I notice the physical change in him every day.  Which brings me to my insecurities; if I'm noticing , there's no doubt other woman are too, right???   Now, don't get me wrong, I trust my husband, but this is a very difficult emotion for me to deal with.  I feel guilty about these thoughts too.   I should feel  happiness for him, PERIOD.  Instead  I am feeling a bit jealous & a lot insecure.  I look at his before pictures & it just blows me away.  I also feel a bit like I'm being left in the dust if you know what I mean?  I have so far to go yet, and hubby's about 75% there.  How am I going to keep doing well when he's at goal??  Anyway, these are just some things I'm dealing with right now.  This is the downside to being banded together I guess. Or maybe it's just PMS talking?

10 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you are feeling! My husband is losing weight as well and it is just falling off. It drives me insane cause I have to run like a freakin chicken to lose a lb or two! Then it hit me - PMS! They don't have hormones or boobs! I stay away from the scale during my (.) cause I know it will not be what I like! Just stay strong and keep at it! You will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you know I was just kidding in my previous comment. You're in a solid marriage, and those are based on far more than looks. You'll get to your goal weight, and I have a feeling your husband will love you exactly the same regardless of fat or skinny or somewhere in between. You are gorgeous inside and out, and he loves you for YOU and that can be your security. (Plus, it's nice to know he's ALL YOURS even if other girls did check him out. Too late suckers! He's already taken!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Stupid f-ing hormones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lara - I know you & the others were kidding :) & I would NEVER take offense - I love those comments!!!!!! I'm just talking about in general - him being "noticed". Thanks to all of you for these kind words - I do chalk it up to hormones :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's something that the therapist in my support group meetings always reminds us:

    men always lose faster than women and it's not fair to ourselves to compare our loss as a woman to that of a man. any man.

    i know that sucks, but it really is true. you should feel great about your loss despite the fact that your man is losing faster than you. we're made differently and therefore lose different too.

    i think you are doing great!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've spent 15 years trying to catch up to my always-fit DH, and it sucks. It is not fair how easily they lose weight (and maintain their weight). There is the hormonal thing, and the fact that we are meant to hold onto fat so we can have babies...and then the emotional component. Many of them are not emotional eaters, or if they are, they can control it better (without PMS, etc).

    I hear you... You will get there too and he will be the one worrying about you getting checked out1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these are normal thoughts. Truthfully I get jealous everytime I see someone post that they've lost even though I'm only at the beginning of my journey! I would think that too about my DH, even though I trust him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep in mind all you've accomplished as well. You're doing great and I think it's completely normal to feel that way. Men tend to lose at a faster rate but you'll get to your finish line too and I'm sure your DH will be cheering you all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that what your feeling is natural ya know? I know that Tracey feels some of the same things, but I made sure that we talked and TALKED about it before I had the surgery. I wanted him to know that I didnt choose him, or "settle" on him bc he loved me when I was fat. That as I got "hotter" i wasnt going to look for better....

    I like it when other woman notice tracey. It makes him feel good (you know its always nice when someone else notices). Now if someone tried to physically touch him I would have to pull out a knife and cut someone...hahah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Amy :) I get what you're saying & totally agree - it's just an adjustment for me, you know?

    ReplyDelete