Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Friday, May 28, 2010

BYOC & 4th fill

I had my 4th fill yesterday.  Dr. Ceppa gave me 1cc for a total of 10 in an 11cc Realize band.  After we discussed my eating, etc.  He said 1cc should be good for me because he knows I want to be tighter.  I said I do, but that I do not want to be uncomfortable.  He assured me that if I find I am too tight that he will get me in asap & take some out - but he thinks I'll be fine.  

Dr. Ceppa is training on the sleeve & said he was at a seminar yesterday & all he heard was bad talk about the band.  He said other Dr.'s were saying it is not successful for most patients.  Dr. Ceppa said he disagreed & that my DH & I are just two examples of how well the band works if the patient works with the band.  

I have been in kind of an emotional funk lately.  I just feel sad & I feel insecure.  I'm not sure why this is happening, but I could just cry at the drop of a hat.  My beautiful DD turned 20 today & I know that is part of it.  She is a grown woman. In the blink of an eye she grew up.  Where did the time go?  I have less than half of my life left to live and I want to make it memorable, yet somehow I feel like I am stuck in a rut.  I am very much a homebody and don't know how to change that about myself.  I always let others lead the way in my life, I want to start leading & putting myself first - but this is such a HARD thing for me to do. Another thing bugging me is that I am not satisfied with my weight loss thus far - which is just crazy.  I look at DH everyday & see this thin, younger looking handsome man & all I think about is why am I not that far???  Feeling like this is awful & I know I shouldn't be depressed but I am....

BYOC:

1.  If you could be a flower, which one would it be and why?
I would be a yellow rose.  It is beautiful and represents friendship - I want to be a good friend.

  2.  Which Sex and The City Character do you most relate to? 
I relate to Miranda in many ways.   She has understated beauty - not the first one that gets noticed - but when you really look at her you see the beauty.  She is a pretty straightforward person & a good friend.

3.  If you had a crystal ball or could know one thing about the future - what would it be?
I would want to see how my family grew - who are my great, great, great, great grandchildren and what have they accomplished in this world? 

4.  What's your biggest fear in your weight loss journey?
That I'll get to goal & then gain my weight back just like in the past.  That I'll fail.

5.  Repeat question:  Whose blog or comment spoke to you the most this week and why?
Honestly, I cannot answer this because I have not been keeping up like I should (it's part of the funk I'm currently in) and I apologize to all my blogger friends. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm new to band land, but I think there are many success stories out there with the band. (look at all of our fellow blogsters in band land). You are doing great with 43 lbs lost since January. That is an average of 9 lbs. a month. Hang in there. There are hiccups in the road, but there are lots of good things in the journey. Happy long weekend! I love yellow roses too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, I'm sorry about the funk, I have been in one too, for me I think it's because I'm feeling things now that I used to eat through. You look beautiful and you've made great progress, step back and see what you've accomplished not what you haven't. Lastly, I have an idea: come to Chicago in Sept. that will get you out of your rut...a real challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funks definitely happen, but just think about how much you have lost! Look at your old pictures and ask yourself why you are in a funk since you have had so much weight loss?

    Guys just lose faster, it doesn't mean we are doing worse, they just get lucky in that way. Heck my husband doesn't have a band, isn't on a diet, NOTHING. But he went from 248 to about 229 in a couple weeks just cuz he was sick and didn't eat much. He plays video games and forgets to eat. Why can't we do that??? It just isn't fair to compare apples and oranges, look at how well you have done!! I hope you realize :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in official ONEDERLAND and you have lost over 40lbs...shake the funk baby and enjoy your fabtastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that you are feeling down. I can't imagine how I will feel when my DD is 20...she turned 11 this week. Try not to compare yourself to DH....women lose slower and your results so far are great...as confirmed by your very own DR. It is easy to get in a funk isn't it??? I have been sick and with the news of my mum thrown for a bit of a spin. I am at my lowest weight in this band journey but find myself feeling really fat and yuck today...weird??? As for making changes....just start with baby steps. Perhaps you could make a list of things you would like to do and work through it??? It might be something small or something more challenging but I love lists and crossing stuff off. Even little stuff like a family bike ride and being more active was a great thing to do instead of sitting around the house and we had such fun. Hope something I have said helps...keep up the excellent work Oh and there is a great Aussie Baniding blog called 'My So Called Lapband Life' The link is on my blog or Dash's and she and her fiance (now husband) got banded on the same day like you over a year ago and she talk about him hitting goal much quicker than her. I thought you might find something there to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, I understand your funk, I am disappointed in my own loss as well & I am tired of not being able to eat so many foods that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet girl, I hope you're having a good long weekend and your spirits are up. You are doing WONDERFULLY with your band, and you already know how I feel about guys and weight loss. They SUCK in my opinion because it's so much easier for them to lose weight. I can't tell you how pissed I've gotten at my husband for weight he's lost on MY diets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm behind on blogs - Sometimes it's hard to see yourself as others do - but you are doing AMAZING, lady! Just Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete