Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hubby's update

Dear Hubby started his journey with the band on January 27th, 2010 at 265 pounds.  Today he weighs 182 pounds!!!  He is a true S.O.B. in my book.  I am so proud of him.  He is very active & is always moving - he hates to sit around and do nothing (very opposite of me!).  DH golfs a few times a week and always walks the course when he can.  He loves to hunt and fish.  He walked many miles during PA's recent Turkey hunting season.  He said he felt great & compared this season to last, where he didn't have the energy to get out of bed at 5 am to go out & hunt.  DH has 7cc's in his 11 cc Realize Band.  He is very tight & does PB frequently if he's not careful.  Bread is very hard to eat for him. DH eats anywhere between 1400 & 1700 calories per day, dependent upon how much activity he gets in during that particular day.  I hope this post helps any men out there who may be on the fence about getting banded.  It really works - to date, DH dropped 82 lbs. compared to my 50 - the weight just melted away!!!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats to both of you. I see you are 50 down so way to go. It is nice to see the successes whether they are female or male. As long as we get healthy! Way to go-pass on our congrats for the hard work your DH did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of you are rocking the band! Keep up the gteat work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks great! Way to go. What a success story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's too cute! The other day my hubby and I were out walking and saw another couple drive by who are very obese...and I kid you not I started telling my husband all about you and your guy and how you are awesome and doing it together and changing your lives. Were your cute little ears ringing? Loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks great! I think it's really cool that both of you have the band. Nice way to support each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... he progressively looks happier in his pictures, too. I'm so happy for you BOTH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both look great and it is nice that you can go thru the journey together. What an accomplishment for both of you...50 lbs is nothing to sneeze at; especially since it has only been about 5 mos. since you had surgery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, the difference in belly size is REMARKABLE!!! He looks so much happier and I bet his back and spine love him for it! You guys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! You kind words mean so much to bith of us. And it is so great doing it together. We never thought in a million years we would do this well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so great!! Both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so amazing...he looks so much younger too. And you are right there behind him...50 lbs is no mean feat. He is a definate SOB...tell him he is awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a transformation...great WL DH!! You're an SOB for sure! Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete