Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Monday, June 14, 2010

Oh Yeah - I do have a band.

I was seriously beginning to wonder ...  Well, I have no doubt now!  We went to a minor league baseball game on Friday night.  They have a promotion that if a certain player hits an RBI everyone with a ticket gets a free Arby's roast beef sandwich.  Well the guy hit one & I headed to Arby's on Saturday to claim my prize.  Big Mistake --- Lemme tell ya , FREE ain't all it's cracked up to be!  I sat down to eat my sandwich & a potato cake that I split with DH.  I took a few bites of the sandwich & my chest started to hurt like hell. 5 months & 4 BIG fills & I NEVER experienced anything like this!  I paced & whined like a baby for at least 20 minutes (seemed like forever) , then I slimed a bit (ewww gross!), still hurt like the dickens.  Finally, I PB'd a whole glob of crap & that gave me relief. 

I do not want to go through that again, but I guess it's inevitable?  Well, I have been really chewing my food since & stop eating when I feel any pressure.  Here's the funny thing - I'm actually glad this happened because I was beginning to wonder if my band was functioning properly.  My DH PB's alot & I read about all my bloggie friends episodes, but until Saturday it never happened to me.  I'm a member of DA Club!

9 comments:

  1. WOW...5 months and your first time........Unfortunately it happens to me way to much.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering the same thing since I had never had problems until this weekend either...our number must be up- lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the PB society! Seriously, you'll start to really slow down and watch for any sign of trouble. I'm not sure if pb'ing is a necessary evil or not (I think probably not, and you're living proof that weight loss can occur without it)... but it sure keeps me on the straight and narrow (or at least the slow and chewed).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 5 months and your first! You definitely have a band!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little less than two months and I'm still not a member of the club.
    Sounds charming...but I think I'd give anything (even that) to feel some restriction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do I say "Welcome to the club"...UGH, what a club we have. LOL!
    We need an official name. Like the 'Jellyfish Girls' or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're lucky to have escaped it this long. Sometimes it is easy to forget the band is there but after my last fill I have to chew the heck out of everything otherwise I get an awful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg weird.. I haven't PB'd my entire time either until Saturday, when I PB'd TWICE! We are on the same PB wavelength lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well it is true....I heard the rumour....you have RESTRICTION baby...oh yeah......

    ReplyDelete