Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lunch - Revisited

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know I am still around!! I've been very busy lately with the girls & a trip to the beach, etc. I have been trying to stay up on your blogs; sorry I haven't commented much.

On the band front:

Well, I DEFINITELY have restriction. How do I know? Well....I just PB'd my few bites of a healthy choice meal in my office trash can! EWWWW!!!! I had my door shut, so I don't think anyone noticed. But, OMG the pain I had. I litterly took 3 bites of a chicken/cheese/rice mixture & was in severe pain. I had to stand & walk for a bit to get some relief. Then up it came! I still feel a bit stuck & gurgly. This stuck shit has happened a few times in the last few weeks. I am never sure what will stay down & what won't anymore. DH tells me to chew the hell out of my food. Well, duh! I do, but sometimes it just doesn't matter. I can tell you what food is out for me as of now:

Bread (couldn't get through even half of a bologna sandwich yesterday)

Hamburgers (tried one at the pool on Monday - had to stop after a few bites)

Soft Pretzels - Again, had a few bites at the pool - No Go :(

Cooked chicken - like in my frozen meal today.

Baked Salmon - had a bad PB on this - not sure why - it was moist.

Steak - buh bye

I wanted to feel this, I hoped & prayed for it. So I will remain positive & keep trying to work with my band.

Take care bloggies!

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been PB'ing, but I hope that this means restriction is yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful what you wish for, right!?! Congrats, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happened to me after my last fill...but definitely subsided and its much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think once you get used to it, you'll be more cautious. You may be able to some those again eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chew, chew, chew...do I sound like your DH? I feel your pain though...I have found that I do much better chewing, slowly when i am home. I get distracted when i am out with friends and thats when I usually get in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you're having trouble...I can't offer advice because I haven't been where you are yet. I just had my 2nd fill and finally have some restriction but not to the point of getting stuck. Here's hoping that was just a quick phase that is now done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. me and the toilet bowl are best friends at the moment; I'm like you in never knowing what will or won't stay down, and the odd thing is that one day a certain food is fine (pasta) and another day it gets stuck. Sure is a learning curve!

    ReplyDelete