This is why I am not a bragger or a boaster! I came back from vacation all sassy & tooting my own horn about how I lost weight. Well, since then I feel like I am on a slippery slope.
I am at a bad place both mentally & physically. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I am attending physical therapy for my back. I am in a lot of pain & the meds my doc prescribed do nothing. As a result I lay around from the time I get home from work (after making supper & doing a few chores) until bedtime. It's horrible & I think DH is getting disgusted with me - he doesn't understand the pain I feel & thinks I can just go hit golf balls or paint the porch or pull weeds without a problem. His insensitivity really pisses me off sometimes - but I love him anyway. I went off my water pill for my BP & maybe that has forced some changes in my body? My pharmacy replaced my Yaz birth control with a generic - could that be causing me to eat more & crave bad things - who knows?
I have been so out of control for the last week or so. The most damage I did was maybe eating around 1500 calories a few days in a row. I found I can't lose if I eat more than 1200 (damn metabolism). I got on the scale this morning & it read 186. I weighed 181.9 at my "official" weigh in last Saturday. I was supposed to be hitting my 60 pound goal - I can't even get close. My 6 month Bandiversary was on Tuesday - I did not feel like celebrating.
I am feeling physical hunger too. I am not full after eating for 4 hours & I am getting hunger pains at 8:30 in the morning - that's just not right for me - I usually have coffee & don't eat breakfast until around 11! If you remember, Dr. Ceppa did not give me a fill at my appointment 2 weeks ago. He said to call & get one if I feel I need it. So that's just what I did. I am getting a fill this afternoon. I already have 10cc's in my 11 cc band so we'll see what happens. Dr. Ceppa is on vacation & I will be seeing his partner this time - wish me luck.
Sorry to be a downer - but I need to keep this blog honest & real.
Have a great weekend bloggies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Sorry you are having such a rough time with your back. It sounds like there are tons of stuff that could be throwing you off, but you'll get back on track. I hope you do celebrate your 6 month anniversary because you've done great. Good luck with your fill.
ReplyDeleteHOnest and real is good. Sweetie you are human - there are going to be hiccups....and you will have crosses to bear during this journey. I'm so sorry about your back and sorry your hubby doesn't understand so I'm glad you can bring it here. I'm so glad I had my tubes tied...so many of you deal with birth control issues and I would be so frustrated. The generic can totally mess things up you poor thing. YOu hang in there and keep your chin up....I love you!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry Dawn. I understand the back pain. It's hard to even do basic care things let alone workout! Those damn pain pills did nothing but knock me out. Have you tried ice? It won't fix it, but it might offer you some temporary comfort.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't be shocked if your BC change caused a bit of a hormone fluctuation and then the cravings.
*HUGS*
Sorry you're going through this right now. It sucks when things out of our control mess with our plans. I'm hoping your fill at least addresses your hunger issues and I'm sure that will start the scale moving in the good direction.
ReplyDeleteHang in there cupcake.
Oh. I know what a killer back pain can be. TAKE IT EASY and don't push yourself. If you aren't opposed to the idea, my friend got the most relief from accupuncture combined with PT. Way better for him than any pills. If you are interested, your PT may be able to refer you to someone.
ReplyDeleteAs for the weight, good for you for seeing the problem and taking charge to fix it. I hope the fill brings you back to where you want to be.
Hang in there Dawn. You've done really well so far and those pounds will soon be off again. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDelete