Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Friday, July 23, 2010

Inspiration

I went to see my Primary Care Physician (PCP) yesterday. I have two herniated disks & they are acting up. I must start Physical Therapy next week. My doc also ordered an MRI – but my lovely insurance company would not authorize it – WTF? The request is going to a review board. Anyway, back to my PCP. I have not seen him since months before my surgery. He walked in the exam room & took one look at me & smiled and shook his head in approval. He told me I looked great!! I got to go off of my BP meds too!!!! Another NSV; as I left the exam room his nurse was just all excited when she saw me. She said I look great & years younger & she just couldn’t get over the change in me! Wow, that’s the first time I left my PCP’s office feeling good about my health. I strutted out of there like a peacock with her beautiful feathers on display!



Inspiration – Many of you have left comments on my blog telling me that I inspire you. You have no idea what that means to me!!!

DH & I started this journey one year ago. Our insurance required 6 mos. of nutritional counseling. Our first visit was in July of 2009 – boy how time flies!

Around that time I found lapbandtalk.com & started reading a lot of posts & surgery stories. I found Catherine’s blog there & through her blog I found Amy, Cara, Linda, Gen & Sarah. I read their blogs in entirety from back to front. My husband thought I turned into a crazed band stalker. He just didn’t “get it”.

These bloggers became my inspiration. Through their blogs, I learned the pros & cons (aka Bandster Hell) of the band. I read about their victories & struggles. They showed me how to overcome obstacles & be a successful band patient. Most importantly, these bloggers showed me that it is still possible to enjoy friends & food. Dinners out are still possible. They proved to me that vacations are still part of band life, as are celebrations. By reading their blogs, I was ready for my surgery & knew fully what to expect in the first weeks & months post band. What I am getting at with all this is that when you bloggies tell me I am an inspiration to you, it is the greatest comment you can leave. Not only do you keep me motivated, but you are letting me know that I am Paying it Forward to our new bandsters. THANK YOU!!!! You all mean so much to me.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting! I am so happy for you and I wish I saw my doctor enough for her to notice but I doubt she will until she looks at my last recorded weight, whenever I see her again (I did not go through her for my surgery, I went to Mexico).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - we love you and you DO inspire...so many more than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great Dr. visit.

    Thanks for including me on list with such great women - it is amazing to think we inspire others.

    You have done so well and are an inspiration.

    xoxoLinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had such a rewarding doctor's visit.
    Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete