Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Reward

In celebration of reaching a 50 pound loss, I did something yesterday that I have never done in my life.  I am 45 years old and probably the only woman on the planet that hasn't done this:


I got a perdicure!!!!!  I have never had the courage to get one before because...well... I have UGLY FEET!!  We are leaving for the Outer Banks on Saturday and I thought, isn't this a great time to face my fear & get this done???  Well it was PURE Heaven & I can't wait to do it again. I had a manicure too!!!!

I'll leave you bloggies with this thought,  My big toes look like ET's head.   What?? Oh, gotta go the Mother Ship is calling!

12 comments:

  1. Your Tootsie's look good to me.. glad you took that step.. And enjoy OBX. I will be in Avon in September.. save some fun in the sun for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they don't look ugly now..I love the flower detail. Have fun on your vacation!!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww..they are NOT ugly. And TRUST ME - I'm not a fan of feet and I'd tell you true!! :)
    They are perfectly adorable with the pretty paint and nail design! Congrats on the 50 lbs. down and have a great trip this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have a pedicure until I was 50 (and got it as a gift for my birthday). Now it is the only treat I get. I don't like manicures because I bite my nails and hate a full body massage (don't ask me why). Pedicures are now about 3 times a year and I enjoy every minute. Congrats on 50 pounds-Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. I think you feet look great!! Very long and lean looking (:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was 40 when I had my first pedicure. I love them! I try to go about every 3 weeks or so. Your feet are not ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to be paranoid about my feet being gross, but now I figure I can't have the worst feet they've seen. Great reward.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't had one and I'm 48...
    Way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love my pedi's!!! I have some nasty feet without them! Every woman needs a pedi once in awhile or every few weeks! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great toes and LOVE the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww dude I wish I could have done your first pedi with you - you so deserved that!

    ReplyDelete