Putting things into perspective

Slow and Steady wins the race

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Who goes on vacation and......

Loses weight?  I do!!!! 

We returned from OBX yesterday & I had to weigh in!  To my surprise, I lost 4.2 pounds!  We had a great time & as far as eating goes - well, I enjoyed myself!  I had ice cream & pizza & snow cones & seafood in butter, cake, brownies, you name it, I ate it. BUT!!!  The band stopped me from over indulging.  I had the best of both worlds! 

We enjoyed the beach & the pool that our rental agency has available to its renters.  We went miniature golfing & go cart racing & we fed a family of sea turtles.  We shopped at quaint little shops. We visited the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. DH & our friend Taylor did a lot of morning fishing for blues & flounder.  We enjoyed their catch twice for dinner. Our week flew by.

As promised here's the pic of DH & Emily in the pool:

Here are a few more pics from our vacation:

Samantha & her boyfriend Dustin


Sam & Emily go cart racing

Family pic!
MIL & us on our deck

I can't wait to catch up on all your blogs!

15 comments:

  1. OMG - are you serious? Holy crap! Love the color of that blue suit - and beautiful family! Look at all that sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics of you and your family.
    Congrats on your continued loss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look great! What a great picture of DH & daughter. That's so great he went swimming with her. Nice loss too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skinny mini!!! Great pics, thanks for sharing Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great Dawn and loved the family pics.. So glad to see that the OBX was sunny.. looked like you have a wonderful week AND YOU LOST WEIGHT.. get out of town.. that is the best!.. Geez, I can't wait to get there now.. and maybe I will be visited by the weight loss fairy too!!! Welcome Home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a great time AND lost weight! You look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, you look fantastic! Isn't it great to lose weight on vacation! I did too! You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing!!! Congrats on the amazing loss and the vacation!!! Love the pics! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i bet you had an awesome time! congrats on the loss girl!!! you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds and looks like you had a wonderful vacation. Congratulations and way to go!!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so amazing. I swear you and your hubby look 10 years younger! Way to go, you are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look awesome! I didn't even recognize you...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous! What a fun trip! I am thoroughly jealous and yet so very happy for your vacation loss! That is freakin' awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope I have the same luck you did when I go on vaca in 2 weeks! I'm stressing over that, but you just made my day!

    Looks like your vaca was a lot of fun! very nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love sunshiney summertime pictures. Every person in your family looks radiant and happy. And Dawn, you just look damn sexy! ;)

    ReplyDelete